The SROI Guide
The Guide to SROI provides a clear framework for anyone interested in measuring, managing and accounting for social value or social impact.
This Guide was originally written in 2009 with the UK Cabinet Office. Updated in 2012, it is the result of consultation with practitioners, members, academics and others with an interest in social and environmental value and impact measurement.
The methodology is still being developed and Social Value International supports a Methodology Sub-Committee which considers and approves developments to the methodology. If you’re interested in getting involved in this process, send us an email at email@example.com.
We also have the following supplements available, for use alongside the Guide. Click the links to download pdfs:
- Supplementary Guidance on Materiality
- Standard on applying the principle Involving Stakeholders (Draft)
- Supplementary Guidance on Using SROI
- Supplementary Guidance on Understanding What Changes (Part One: Creating well defined outcomes)
- Supplementary Guidance on Value The Things That Matter (Discussion Document)
- Value Map template
The SROI Guide in translation
We work continually with partners to produce translations of the Guide. You can see all the current available translation here.