What is Software Accreditation?
Software accreditation assesses that your software enables a user to capture the information required to complete a Social Value analysis in line with the framework for accounting for value (value map) which is used to facilitate the application of the Principles of Social Value. During the accreditation process Social Value UK (on behalf of Social Value International) will check against a set of criteria (available here).
What are the benefits?
- Give your customers the confidence that your tool can be used to produce an accurate social value analysis.
- Use our “Accredited by” logo on your software, website and promotional materials.
- Have your software product listed in the Accredited tools & software section of the software directory. We recommend these products to our members.
- Find out ways to improve the functionality of your software.
- Jointly create an article with Social Value UK to announce that your software has been accredited. This announcement will be distributed through our newsletters, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin groups.
- Organisations with an accredited software product are invited to host a webinar for the Social Value International membership. This can focus on the functionality of the software or the problem it was developed to address.
- Receive a 20% discount on access to the Global Value Exchange API (worth £200). This gives you access to over 30,000 impact measurement metrics in a machine-readable format which you can use in your software product.
How long does the process take?
This will depend on the product. In some instances (where the software already fulfills our criteria) the review can be made very quickly (within two weeks). If a product requires additional work to achieve accreditation then the review can consist of several sessions over a period of time.
How much does accreditation cost?
The price of this service is £500 (plus VAT). Software accreditation lasts for two years.
Who can apply for accreditation?
Software Accreditation is open to all Partner and Pioneer Members of Social Value International. Find out more about Partner and Pioneer Membership and its benefits here.
How do I apply?
If you would like to have your software accredited, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.