Level 1 – Associate Practitioner
- Level 1 Associate Practitioner status shows: The applicant has demonstrated theoretical competence in social value and impact management in line with the SVI Framework.
- Assessment Criteria:
- Successful completion of online Social Value and Impact Management exam.
- Signed copy of Social Value Commitment to Good Practice.
- Personal statement of interest and commitment to Social Value, Impact Management and social impact assessment or SROI.
- Valid for: 2 years.
- Opportunities for progression:
- Can progress to become a Level 2 Accredited Practitioner or Level 3 Advanced Practitioner.
- Eligibility for delivering short Social Value, Impact Management or SROI courses accredited by SVI.
- Price: £300 (Discounts may apply, please get in touch for more information).
To become a Level 1 Associate Practitioner it is expected that you will have a reasonably well developed theoretical understanding of social value, impact management and the SVI Framework for accounting for value guided by the Social Value Principles.
To develop this understanding, you can:
- Participate in an accredited training programme.
- Work through the SVI E-Learning Zone ‘Practitioner Package’.
- Revise using the SVI Standards and Guidance.
- Read and work through the ‘SVI Social Value and Impact Management Exam Details and Reading list’.
It is important to familiarise yourself with all of these documents before applying. All 3 of these documents will need completing and submitting with your application before sitting your Social Value and Impact Management Exam:
- Terms and Conditions of Application
- SVI Practitioner Commitment to Good Practice
- Personal Statement of Interest in Social Value and Impact Management. This is a statement of no longer than 1 page of a4 about your involvement and interest in social value and impact management). Download a template document here.
Make your application:
An application can be made at any time in the year. Results will then be released in the next results window after application. There are 4 results rounds throughout the year (one each quarter). All rounds are listed on the assurance calendar on the SVI website.
PLEASE NOTE: Fully completed applications including completed exam need to be received by Social Value UK at least 1 week before the results round so that the application can be processed in time for the round.
Renew your status:
To renew your SVI Practitioner status, please click the button below. The cost of renewal is £100 + VAT. Renewing will extend your status for two years.
Sitting your SVI Social Value and Impact Management Exam:
When you submit your application for Level 1 Associate Practitioner status, you will be contacted via email with a link where you can take the exam. You will then have 2 weeks from the date you receive the link to take your exam.
Generally, payment is taken through the exam website, and access is given immediately to take your exam. Please only make payment when you are ready to take your exam.
Testimonials and Level 1 Experiences
Becoming an Associate Practitioner with Social Value International is an invaluable part of the work that I do and want to do in the future. I am excited to be part of a global community that is working towards changing the way that business, organisations and governments operate as we strive to create a more sustainable and happier world. I hope to play my part in this and be someone who contributes meaningfully to this evolving and exciting movement.Penny Court
Working in an international setting and with sustainable development projects, the methodology of SVI/SVUK and social value movement is important to my work and I want to participate and contribute to this.Charlotte Österman
I have been a member of Social Value UK since four years back and I’m also one of the Council’s Advisors. With the new AP L1, I look forward to not only continuing to stay involved as before – but to also increase my involvement in the more “technical” aspects of social value.