Hong Kong Institute of Social Impact Analysts
Established in December 2013, Hong Kong Institute of Social Impact Analysts (HKI-SIA) is a membership organization for practitioners, academics, businesses, funders and investors who have an interest in the assessment and promotion of social value.
We work with our members to increase the accounting, measuring and maximizing of social value from the perspective of those affected by an organization’s activities, through our Social Value Principles. We believe in a world where a broader definition of value will change decision making and ultimately decrease inequality and environmental degradation.
To achieve our mission, HKI-SIA provides training and consultancy services, as well as hosting regular meetings and events, creating new tools and resources, and forging collaborative networks at local and regional levels. Through supporting and working with our members, and as a Member Network of Social Value International, we are creating an international movement for change.
Examples of organizations from various sectors that have partnered with HKI-SIA to promote impact measurement for maximizing value creation:
- Bright China Foundation (Beijing)
- BSR (Business for Social Responsibility)
- Centre for Quality of Life at the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Centre for Social Innovation Studies at the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Chinese YMCA of Hong Kong
- Efficiency Unit of the Hong Kong SAR Government
- Ground Works of St James’ Settlement
- Hong Kong Housing Society
- The HUB Children & Youth Centre
- Our Hong Kong Foundation
- PIE Strategy Limited
- Sau Po Centre on Ageing at the University of Hong Kong
- Urban Renewal Authority
- Yunus Social Business Centre @CUHK
- Xu Family Charitable Foundation
Current Board Members of HKI-SIA (as of January 2018):
- Darwin Chen, Chairman (Former CEO of Community Chest of Hong Kong)
- Stephen Wong, Vice-Chairman (Head of Public Policy Institute, Our Hong Kong Foundation)
- Ng Shui Lai, Vice-Chairman (Former CEO of Hong Kong Christian Service)
- Ada Yip, Treasurer (Executive Director of Urban Spring Hong Kong)
- Elaine Chan (Research Associate Professor at University of Hong Kong)
- Natalie Chan (Founder and Principal Sustainability Consultant of PIE Strategy)
- Lee Kim Ming (Senior Lecturer at Community College of City University)
- Olga Chew (Formerly Charities Manager at Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust)
- William Yu (Founder and CEO of World Green Organisation)
For more information about Hong Kong Institute of Social Impact Analysts, please visit the HKI-SIA website: www.hkisia.org.