New Tiered Accredited Practitioner Pathway:
Social Value International are launching a tiered pathway for Accredited Practitioners of Social Value and Social Return on Investment. The launch will take place on 18 November 2019.
This pathway will see practitioners develop their skills, knowledge and practice in social value, impact management and the practical application of the SVI framework in social impact assessment and SROI.
The levels will assess and be evidenced by the following:
• Level 1: Associate – Demonstrated theoretical competence in social value and impact management in line with the SVI Framework – evidenced through successful completion of Social Value and Impact Management exam and signing of Oath of Ethics
This will be the first online Social Value and Impact Management that Social Value International has developed and launched and has undergone 2 versions of development and has been initially tested by the Report Assurance Assessors and the SVI Board.
• Level 2: Practitioner – Demonstrated practical competence in social value and impact management in line with the SVI Framework with support – evidenced through successful assurance of social impact or SROI analysis and accredited training. Applicant is allowed support and limitations on report
• Level 3: Advanced Practitioner – Demonstrated practical competence in social value and impact management in line with the SVI Framework with all aspects of SVI framework applied in full with no support – evidenced through successful assurance of social impact or SROI analysis and accredited training, and completion of final interview with assurance team and external assessor. Applicant is NOT allowed support and limitations on report
The new pathway will be reviewed and updated periodically from the launch with feedback welcomed from all applicants at all levels.
Further Updates to Assurance:
Social Value International is undertaking a broad review of the Assurance and Accreditation services that is covering the majority of the services offered. The review process for an assurance service looks at the criteria and associated guidance and assesses if updates are required to align the criteria with any updates to methodological thinking. The review will also take into account any feedback from users of the service or external assessors. This feedback may be about the process of application, or the criteria or guidance itself. Other things that are being considered are language (with a particular focus on accessibility), and how well the assurance service meets the dual purpose of externally verifying the practice under review, as well as offering a pathway to development for the applicant organisation or individual.
In detail, the services that are under review are:
- Report Assurance Standard: The report assurance standard is due to an update to the last version published in December 2017. The standard was out for consultation throughout the membership during May and June this year, with an in-depth review by Report Assurance Assessors earlier in the year. The review is focusing specifically on methodological updates, and detailed items highlighted through the feedback process.
- Social Value Certificate: The Social Value Certificate has been running for approximately a year and a half. The criteria for all 3 levels and the guidance documentation are being updated based on the experience of applicant organisations from across all sectors, as well as alignment with methodological updates within the SVI Framework. Specifically points out that the updates are looking at are language, accessibility across sectors, and criteria focus on the development of organisational processes and systems.
- Software Accreditation: Working alongside a number of Social Value International members from across the globe, the SVI team have developed a 3 tiered assessment for software. The software accreditation review initially looked at alignment with the Impact Management Rubric for Everyone: http://im4e.org/ and used this alignment to define 3 levels for assessment. These levels are under review with our current accredited software providers.
All of the updates to the assurance and accreditation services as outlined above will be launched in the coming months, with specific dates to be announced in our newsletters.