How Can We Help?
This document is not intended to be an assurance guide, framework or standard; but instead to set out a number of issues that will need to be considered during an assurance engagement that examines data that values1 impacts2 (referred to herein as ‘valuation data’), and which should be addressed in the future should an assurance framework or standard be developed for valuation data. This paper is intended to start a discussion, and not to be an exhaustive analysis of all relevant issues.
This document sets out:
- Definition of assurance and assurance engagements 3
- Scope for assurance engagements that examine valuation data 4
- Purpose of assurance engagements that examine valuation data 5
- Process of an assurance engagement that examines valuation data 7
- The form of assurance statements 11
This is a first draft worked on by Jeremy Nicholls, Social Value UK, based on the work done at the Valuing What Matters meeting at the Bellagio Center, September 2015. We’d particularly like to thank Stuart Jefford, PwC, for his extensive comments during the consultation that followed the meeting.
Download the document here.