Level 2 – Accredited Practitioner
- Level 2 Accredited Practitioner status shows: The applicant has demonstrated practical competence in the application of social impact and social value assessment in line with the SVI Framework.
- Assessment Criteria:
- Applicant must be a Level 1 AP ‘Associate Practitioner’.
- Successful completion of an Accredited training programme.
- Successful assurance of a Social Impact or SROI analysis. The following circumstances are allowed for Level 2:
- Formal mentoring.
- Staggered assurance route (i.e. the Pre-Assurance Outcomes Check).
- Limitation attached to your report (e.g. Limited Application of Principle 4: Only Include What is Material).
- Overview statement of interest and commitment to Social Value, Impact Management and social impact assessment or SROI.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Valid for: 2 years.
- Opportunities for progression:
- Can progress to Level 3 Advanced Practitioner status.
- Eligibility for delivering short Social Value, Impact Management or SROI courses accredited by SVI.
- Price: £1200+VAT Standard, £1400+VAT Fast Track (discounts may apply, please get in touch for more information).
PLEASE NOTE: Most applications also require an amendment period which is an additional £300+VAT.
To become a Level 2 Accredited Practitioner, you will already have a certified theoretical understanding of social value, impact management and SVI Framework for accounting for value guided by the Social Value Principles, demonstrated through your Level 1 Associate Practitioner status.
To progress to Level 2 it is expected that you will put this theoretical knowledge in to practice by undertaking a social value, or SROI analysis.
You are also required to have successfully completed an SVI Accredited Training course. This is a required step as it is fundamental to prepare you with the skills and knowledge to be able to undertake your social value or SROI practice.
To develop your skills in practice, you must:
- Complete an accredited training programme
To help you to develop these skills you can also:
- Work through the SVI E-Learning Zone ‘Practitioner Package’.
- Undertake bespoke mentoring to support your practice development.
We would also highly recommend that you:
- Review the SVI Standards for applying the Social Value Principles and the SROI Guide.
- Read the SVI Report Assurance Standard. This is the assessment criteria that will be used to assess your report.
- Review other reports in the SVUK Report Database.
- Use the Pre-Assurance Outcomes Check service to support your report development.
It is important to familiarise yourself with these documents before applying. These documents will need completing and submitting with your application:
- Terms and Conditions of Application: Download here.
- Personal Statement of Interest in Social Value and Impact Management. This is a statement of no longer than 1 page of a4 about your involvement and interest in social value and impact management). Download a template document here.
Circumstances allowed for Level 2 Accredited Practitioner Status
At Level 2 Accredited Practitioner application there are some circumstances allowed that would not be allowed for application to Level 3 Advanced Practitioner status. These are:
- Formal mentoring
- Staggered assurance (i.e. the Pre-Assurance Outcomes Check)
- A Limitation attached to your report (i.e. Limited Application of Principle 4: Only Include What is Material)
These circumstances offer Practitioners the opportunity to progress with their accreditation in a more supported manner, and also in circumstances where there may be some limitations to the practice undertaken.
Make your application:
An application can be made during the standard application rounds that occur 4 times a year. All application rounds are listed on the assurance calendar on the SVI website.
Applications can also be made as a part of the Fast Track service, which provides your initial results in half the time, and means you do not have to wait for an application round. To arrange for Fast Track application please contact the Assurance Team directly.
Our Accredited Training must be taken in order to apply, find out more here.
Mentoring can also be undertaken, find out more here.
What is the difference between Level 2 Accredited & Level 3 Advanced Practitioner Status?
They are very similar. Both test a practical application of the SVI principles and framework for accounting for value. Applicants must be members, a Level 1 Associate Practitioner and author a report that passes SVI report assurance as part of their application. The main difference is as follows:
Level 2 Accredited Practitioner status can be achieved through a more supported pathway, with the option to undertake mentoring or use the Pre-Report Assurance Outcomes Check. Level 2 Accredited Practitioners can also author a report that is assured with limitations attached, namely ‘Limitation of the application of Principle 4: Only include what is material’, where an analysis has included material outcomes for only a limited group of stakeholders – the main beneficiary group or groups.
Level 3 Advanced Practitioner status is achieved by producing a report that meets all of the principles, with no limitations. It includes what matters to all stakeholders affected by the activities. Level 3 Advanced Practitioners have not completed their analysis with additional mentoring or support, and have not used a staggered assurance route and so they have demonstrated advanced Social Value and SROI practice.
NB: Applicants can jump from Level 1 Associate to Level 3 Advanced Practitioner status. It is not a requirement that an applicant must become a Level 2 Accredited Practitioner before becoming a Level 3 Advanced Practitioner.