Level 3 – Advanced Practitioner
- Level 3 Accredited Practitioner status shows: The applicant has demonstrated advanced practical competence in the application of social impact and social value assessment with all aspects of SVI Framework applied in full.
- Assessment Criteria:
- Applicant must be a Level 1 AP ‘Associate Practitioner’. *Applicants do not have to have achieved Level 2 Accredited Practitioner status to apply for Level 3.
- Successful completion of Accredited training course
- Successful assurance of Social Impact or SROI analysis. The following circumstances ARE NOT allowed for Level 3:
- Formal mentoring.
- Staggered assurance route (i.e. the Pre-Assurance Outcomes Check).
- Limitation attached to your report (i.e. Limited Application of Principle 4: Only Include What is Material).
- Overview statement of interest and commitment to Social Value, Impact Management and social impact assessment or SROI.
- Successful completion of interview.
- Valid for: 2 years.
- Opportunities for progression:
- Eligibility for application to Accredited Trainer status, and delivery of SVI Accredited training courses.
- Eligibility to apply for SVI Assessor status, and to provide SVI Assurance and Accreditation services as part of an SVI network
- Price: £1200+VAT Standard, £1400+VAT Fast Track (discounts may apply, please get in touch for more information).
PLEASE NOTE: Most applications also require an amendment period which is an additional £300+VAT.
To become a Level 3 Advanced Practitioner, you will already have a certified theoretical understanding of social value, impact management and the SVI Framework for accounting for value guided by the Social Value Principles, demonstrated through your Level 1 Associate Practitioner status. You may also have achieved your Level 2 Accredited Practitioner status, demonstrating your practical knowledge and expertise in social value and impact management.
To progress to Level 3 it is expected that you will enhance your knowledge and expertise further towards advanced practice by undertaking a social value, or SROI analysis without assistance or support and without any limitations to your practice.
You are also required to undertake an SVI Accredited Training course. This is a required step as it is fundamental to prepare you with the skills and knowledge to be able to undertake your social value or SROI practice.
To develop your skills in practice, you must:
- Complete an accredited training programme.
To help you to develop these skills you can also:
- Work through the SVI E-Learning Zone ‘Practitioner Package’.
We would also highly recommend that you:
- Review the SVI Standards for applying the Social Value Principles and the SROI Guide.
- Read the SVI Report Assurance Standard. This is the assessment criteria that will be used to assess your report.
- Review other reports in the SVUK Report Database.
It is important to familiarise yourself with these documents before applying. These documents will need completing and submitting with your application:
- Terms and Conditions of Application: Download here.
- Personal Statement of Interest in Social Value and Impact Management. This is a statement of no longer than 1 page of a4 about your involvement and interest in social value and impact management). Download a template document here.
Circumstances NOT ALLOWED for Level 3 Advanced Practitioner Status
At Level 3 Advanced Practitioner status you are demonstrating that you have an advanced knowledge, and practical expertise in social value, and SROI. The expectation therefore is that you will be undertaking this practice without any formal support, and without any limitations to your practice. Therefore, the circumstances that re allowed at Level 2 are not allowed at Level 3. These are:
- Formal mentoring
- Staggered assurance (i.e. the Pre-Assurance Outcomes Check)
- A Limitation attached to your report (i.e. Limited Application of Principle 4: Only Include What is Material)
Make your application:
An application can be made during the standard application rounds that occur 4 times a year. All application rounds are listed on the assurance calendar on the SVI website.
Applications can also be made as a part of the Fast Track service, which provides your initial results in half the time, and means you do not have to wait for an application round. To arrange for Fast Track application please contact the Assurance Team directly.
You must complete our Accredited Training to apply, find out more here.
Testimonials and Level 3 Experiences
Applying for Level 3 Advanced Practitioner status seemed to be a natural step following the Social Value & SROI practitioner course. The pathway would help me test my understanding of the Social Value Principles and validate my capacity to assess the impact potential of an enterprise. Obtaining the certification would also allow me to communicate this expertise more confidently and transparently towards future clients or partners.Timothy Lambert
What is the difference between Level 2 Accredited & Level 3 Advanced Practitioner Status?
They are very similar. Both test a practical application of the SVI principles and framework for accounting for value. Applicants must be members, a Level 1 Associate Practitioner and author a report that passes SVI report assurance as part of their application. The main difference is as follows:
Level 2 Accredited Practitioner status can be achieved through a more supported pathway, with the option to undertake mentoring or use the Pre-Report Assurance Outcomes Check. Level 2 Accredited Practitioners can also author a report that is assured with limitations attached, namely ‘Limitation of the application of Principle 4: Only include what is material’, where an analysis has included material outcomes for only a limited group of stakeholders – the main beneficiary group or groups.
Level 3 Advanced Practitioner status is achieved by producing a report that meets all of the principles, with no limitations. It includes what matters to all stakeholders affected by the activities. Level 3 Advanced Practitioners have not completed their analysis with additional mentoring or support, and have not used a staggered assurance route and so they have demonstrated advanced Social Value and SROI practice.
NB: Applicants can jump from Level 1 Associate to Level 3 Advanced Practitioner status. It is not a requirement that an applicant must become a Level 2 Accredited Practitioner before becoming a Level 3 Advanced Practitioner.